Answers from Our Experts (1)
Pudong Shangri-La, Shanghai is an enormous hotel, with plenty of places for children to stretch their legs. Here are the five best amenities for kids at the hotel:
1. The location. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel is two blocks from Super Brand Mall, which offers kid-friendly casual restaurants, a play area and plenty of kiddie shops, should you need bribery tools. It’s also two blocks from the Shanghai Ocean Aquarium.
2. The pool. Pudong Shangri-La’s pool is heated, light-filled and overseen by a lifeguard. So your kids can splash around the shallow end while you relax on a chaise.
3. Babysitting services. This is really more of an amenity for parents, but the Shanghai hotel can arrange English- and Chinese-speaking babysitters for RMB100 (US$16) per hour plus RMB60 (US$10) for transport after 11 p.m.
4. The food. Yi Café, the hotel’s all-day dining restaurant, is extremely kid-friendly. It boasts a big make-your-own-sundae station and candy everywhere. We spotted the chefs making lollipops from scratch.
5. The gift. As part of the luxury hotel’s turndown service, a welcome gift is left for your child. The presents change depending on what’s available, but usually includes things like a plush toy or small bag of sweets.