Answers from Our Experts (1)
Pudong Shangri-La, Shanghai has six restaurants and two bars, so there’s plenty to taste during your stay. Keep your eyes peeled for five of our favorite dishes and drinks at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel:
1. Tempura. Inside the sleek Japanese restaurant Nadaman, the crab meat tempura is a crispy treat.
2. The lamb. Head to the Jade on 36 for the pan-seared filet of lamb. It gets a modern spin with cucumber and mint, burnt eggplant foam and ricotta.
3. A deconstructed drink. The Deconstructed Three Seasons cocktail at Jade on 36 Bar is a wonderfully simple drink mixed with gin, Pimm’s and fresh fruit.
4. The ribs. Want more fried food after that tempura? These deep-fried ribs topped with Sichuan sauce at Chinese spot Gui Hua Lou will sate you.
5. The prawns. Don’t miss the oven-baked tiger prawns swimming in cognac-cream bisque and encased in an herb crust at Yi Café.