Answers from Our Experts (1)
The style of Pudong Shangri-La, Shanghai — great for business and leisure travelers looking for an upscale home base — can be summed up in five words:
1. Ornate. Throughout the lobby and public spaces, cream marble floors gleam, chandeliers glisten and carpets are perfectly plush.
2. Big. With nearly 1,000 rooms and two towers, the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel covers an enormous amount of ground.
3. Classic. While the rooms at the hotel have iPod docks and LCD televisions, technology isn’t the focus here — a classically comfortable space is. Choose between a subdued River Wing room in soothing grays and cream or a vibrant Grand Tower room in orange, pale gold and red.
4. Palatial. Not only is the hotel large, there’s a lot of gold (found in the frames and clocks), thick drapes and extravagant light fixtures.
5. Chic. You’ll be hit with a strong sense of style as soon as you walk in to the hotel. In fact, we think the luxury hotel’s lobby wouldn’t look out of place as a backdrop for a Louis Vuitton photo shoot.