Answers from Our Experts (1)
Yamazato is located in the Okura Garden Hotel Shanghai, one of Japan’s premium hotel brands. Here are five things we think you should know about the restaurant:
1. There is more than one outpost of the restaurant. Yamazato has well-known locations in Amsterdam at Hotel Okura Amsterdam and in Tokyo at Hotel Okura Tokyo.
2. Traditional Japanese cuisine with a twist. With Japanese owners and a kitchen headed up by executive chef Akira Kimura and sushi chef Masami Ishii, you can expect an excellent selection of traditional Japanese cuisine cooked up with a twist. Not only does Ishii have 30 years of slicing and dicing experience behind him, he’s also got a creative streak that allows him to think of traditional Japanese dishes in a whole new way.
3. Seasonal ingredients are used. In a multiple number of set menus you’ll find seasonal ingredients showcased in light-hearted dishes, all composed with a balance of colors and flavors.
4. Diverse menus. Yamazato is a diverse Japanese restaurant that should be able to satisfy any type of eating preference.
5. A new sushi counter. Yamazato is separated into smoking and non-smoking sections, so you can pick which section you prefer. A sushi counter was just added if you’d rather sit there and be entertained while you eat.