Answers from Our Experts (1)
The treatment menu at Mandara Spa, inside JW Marriott Shanghai at Tomorrow Square, offers pages of options. These are our picks for the five best treatments:
1. Coffee Energizer scrub. Freshly ground coffee beans are mixed with volcanic pumice powder to rid you of your dry skin. Afterward, a carrot body moisturizer (rich in vitamin A) is rubbed on to leave your skin smooth and soft.
2. Stress Reliever back massage. This treatment at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa is ideal for the busy business travelers who use the hotel as their Shanghai base. The deep-tissue massage focuses on the back, shoulders and neck to relieve muscle tension.
3. Jet-Lag Revival facial. After replenishing the moisture your face lost during your long flight, enjoy a head massage and a foot and leg rubdown.
4. Chinese herbal back treatment. You’ll be treated to an herbal exfoliation before moving on to a deep-tissue back massage and finishing up with a warm Chinese herb compress.
5. Aroma Hot Stone therapy. This option combines a soothing massage with hot volcanic stones and essential oils to banish muscle tension.