Answers from Our Experts (1)
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore is a sophisticated playland for both business and leisure travelers who gravitate toward great service and timeless accommodations. While there are amenities galore at this 750-room, resort-style Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel, we picked our favorites to highlight:
1. The pool. This large, lagoon-like resort pool is good for both families and couples. It’s surrounded by lush landscaping (you’ll feel far removed from the city) and has a Jacuzzi and children’s play pool.
2. The Valley Wing perks. Stay in the Valley Wing and you’ll get amenities like in-room personalized stationery, complimentary breakfast in the Summit Room and complimentary champagne (all day long) and snacks (tea sandwiches, pastries) in the Champagne Room.
3. The gym. The spacious fitness center features plenty of equipment to get your workout on as well as locker rooms with a sauna, steam room and a lounge area.
4. The tennis courts. You can play tennis under lights on one of four tennis courts (one has artificial grass). If you need a racket or tennis balls, just head to the fitness center where you can pick some up as well as book a session with a tennis pro.
5. The restaurant and lounges. Myriad restaurant options mean you don’t have to venture off site for a varied selection of cuisine — you can indulge in Japanese, Cantonese and Mediterranean food and get killer cocktails at the Lobby Lounge and the BLU Bar.