Answers from Our Experts (1)
There is much to enjoy at the grand Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore, the first of the storied brand’s hotels to debut in 1971. We picked a few top-notch highlights here:
1. The perks of the Valley Wing. If you’re looking for a refine and sophisticated stay, choose to stay in the Valley Wing, which offers the utmost in luxury (it’s where traveling CEOs and heads of state often stay). Here, you’ll get treated to limitless amounts of bubbly in the Champagne Lounge along with light snacks as well as breakfast in the Summit Room and other VIP perks.
2. The resort pool. The lagoon-like pool, surrounded by gardens and lush foliage, is a picturesque place to play under the sun. It’s large enough to spread out from other pool-goers and has a stocked snack bar where you can order refreshments.
3. Location. Just off of popular Orchard Road, the Singapore Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel is located near the city’s upscale shopping and dining and is in close proximity to the other sights and attractions. We like the central location, but we love that the hotel’s is set off from busy streets on 15 acres of lush landscaped grounds.
4. Variety of dining options. Although there are many dining options just outside the hotel’s doors, there are several great options within the hotel, too. Get Japanese cuisine at Nadaman, Cantonese cuisine at Shang Palace, Mediterranean food at the Waterfall Café and a bevy of international options at The Line, a 24-hour spot with 16 different culinary stations.
5. Luxe room options. The 750 rooms here range from contemporary (Tower Wing) to nature-inspired (Garden Wing) to all-out, over-the-top luxury (Valley Wing). You can choose which room type fits your traveling style and your pocketbook.