Answers from Our Experts (1)
Although there are lots of things to order at Les Amis, we’ve selected the best things to order at this modern European restaurant, which is located in Singapore’s Shaw Centre:
1. Découverte menu. One of three set dinner menus masterminded by Executive Chef Sebastien Lepinoy, this seasonal five-course feast changes as ingredients go in and out of season, but on our most recent visit to this upscale Singapore restaurant, we thought the wild Scottish salmon served two ways was the standout course.
2. Cheese course. A decadent option for finishing off your meal, the seasonal cheese course at Les Amis features handpicked cheeses that purposely vary by texture, firmness and flavor, and are often sourced directly from France.
3. Epicurean menu. One course up the ladder from Executive Chef Lepinoy’s découverte menu, the six-course epicurean has in the past included everything from grilled dry-aged beef with herbs and mushrooms to the long-standing local favorite of pan-seared foie gras and grilled river eel paired with fruits.
4. Wine. You’ll truly be spoiled for choice when it comes to wines at Les Amis, which boasts one of the biggest wine cellars in Asia with more than 2,000 labels from around the world. Ask the staff for recommendations.
5. Degustation menu. The degustation menu is the ultimate indulgence at this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant, a seven-course culinary extravaganza that could feature such toothsome delicacies as French duck breast with quince and daikon radishes, seared Japanese scallops with teriyaki sauce and candied whole Clementine with panna cotta and sorbet.