Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are plenty of great things that draw guests to The Lodge and Cottages at Primland, but these are the best things that should make you want to visit:
1. Location. Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains, this expansive property is surrounded by woods and wildlife, and it offers amazing views. It’s a trek, but it’s worth it once you get there, especially if you’re traveling with your family or looking for some romance. And if you’re just looking to get away and clear your head, this is the perfect spot to do so.
2. Boundless activities. Along with the rustic setting comes a bounty of outdoor activities. You can go hiking on one of the many hiking trails ranging from a beginners trek to more advanced routes; mountain biking; horseback riding; hunting; star-gazing; and so much more. If you’d rather stay indoors, there’s also a fabulous spa to get pampered in, along with taking a swim in the chlorine-free pool.
3. Observatory and astrology programs. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel boasts an observatory dome where you can learn about the stars and galaxies. Offering two programs nightly — the Star Walk and the Tour of the Universe — you can take part in viewing stars close up and learning from the hotel’s astronomy staff. They also offer special programming and events.
4. Luxe guest rooms and cottages. The guest rooms in the lodge and the cottages are not your typical cabins in the woods. These are rustic in the sense that they are decked out in natural materials including hardwood flooring, marble and stone, but these are sleekly done with luxe amenities such as Frette linens on the plush feather-topped bed, L’Occitane bath amenities, deep-soaking tubs, flat-screen TVs, and much more.
5. Campfire with s’mores. Kids will love hanging out on the lodge’s large patio overlooking the mountains and golf course. But they’ll love it even more when at dusk, the staff brings out all the fixings for s’mores. Your kids can hang out around the sleek, modern fire pit and make their own gooey chocolatey treats.