Answers from Our Experts (1)
While there are many delicious things to eat and drink at The Lodge and Cottages at Primland, here’s what we think are the best treats at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel:
1. Pig candy. You might be wondering what this is as you peruse the menu in the 19th Pub or ponder room service. If you’re a fan of bacon, you’ll have to try this. It’s maple-coated bacon that gives you a bit of the sweet and savory flavors mixed together. It’s a perfect appetizer to share before your meal.
2. Chef’s tasting menu at Elements. For a taste of what chef Andrea Griffith cooks up, try her tasting menu that will give you a good overview of what you’ll find on her dinner menu. You might find some organic vegetables on it, some foie gras, and some seasonal fish. Regardless of what’s on the menu, it’s sure to be delicious.
3. Pain au chocolate. A real treat at breakfast, try one of the delicious Valhrona chocolate filled pastries that are made at the Lodge. These flaky and butter pastries are to die for. And don’t worry — you’ll work off all the calories while being active on the property.
4. Fudge. You’ll find pieces of fudge on your bedside table at turndown from the local spot — Nancy’s Homemade Fudge. It’s delicious, and you’ll probably not want to share.
5. S’mores. As night falls, the staff will fire up the swanky fire pit out on the patio of the Lodge and with it, they’ll put out s’mores, which will be your kids’ favorite part of the evening.