Answers from Our Experts (1)
Before checking in for a relaxing stay at The Davenport Hotel and Tower, here are a few things you should know:
1. The Davenport Hotel and Tower is divided into properties: the historic original Davenport Hotel and the new Davenport Tower located directly across the street. Both offer the same amenities, but the classic Davenport Hotel property has a stately historic feel, while the 21-story Davenport Tower has a more modern aesthetic.
2. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel is centrally located in downtown Spokane, Wash. making it an ideal spot to stay if visiting for work or an event.
3. Originally built in 1914, the property has a storied history and has played host to dignitaries and special events during its century-old existence. The second story of the lobby features a small museum that shares the story of its history.
4. Tucked away in the lower level of the property is a hidden gem: Davenport Spa. Like the main property, the spa has been fully restored to reflect its original splendor with modern touches and luxury throughout.
5. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star property features several delicious dining options, including the Palm Court Grill steakhouse in the historic building, the Safari Room in the Davenport Tower for eclectic casual cuisine, and Peacock Room Lounge, which features steaks, sandwiches and salads.