Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Davenport Hotel and Tower offers many luxury features, but these are the best things about the property:
1. Location. The Forbes Travel Guide four star hotel is centrally located in downtown Spokane, Wash. making it an ideal spot to stay if visiting for business or an event.
2. History. Originally built in 1914, the property has a storied history as it has played host to dignitaries and special events over its century-old existence. The second story of the lobby features a small museum that shares the story of the Davenport Hotel and Tower.
3. The restored lobby. The ornate Victorian-era lobby features marble floors and gilded woodwork that was painstakingly restored in 2000 by its new owners, as well as the hotels’ original grand front desk.
4. Davenport Spa. Tucked away in the lower level of the Forbes Travel Guide four star property is a hidden gem: Davenport Spa. Like the main property, the spa has been fully restored to reflect its original splendor with modern touches and luxury throughout.
5. Palm Court Grill. The hotel’s signature restaurant has seating that spills into the ornate lobby. The eclectic menu features impeccable service, steak, seafood, and a variety of dinner and pasta dishes.