Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Davenport Hotel and Tower is one of the premiere properties in Spokane, Wash. When describing the luxury Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel, here are five words that best define the property.
1. Victorian. The grand lobby features gilded woodwork, large potted palms and marble floors that reflect the classic luxury of the Victorian era.
2. Historic. The property was originally built in 1914 and meticulously restored in 2000 to its original splendor, which includes the stately front desk and colorful painted woodwork throughout the lobby.
3. Luxurious. Little touches throughout the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel create a luxe feel. The bathrooms are especially lavish with rose-colored marble floors, walk-in showers and deep soaking tubs.
4. Comfortable. The hotel is designed to make your stay as convenient and cozy as possible. Public areas feature a variety of seating, such as plush wing-backed chairs and curved couches, for comfy and private areas to lounge or have a meeting.
5. Grand. The large ornate awnings and enormous letters spell out “Davenport” down the side of the brick façade. Inside the lobby features gilded accents, stately columns, and a large fireplace that continues the grandiose theme.