Answers from Our Experts (1)
From high altitude exhilaration to ultimate relaxation at the spa, St. Moritz promises to leave you rejuvenated. Forbes Travel Guide’s editors suggest these five St. Moritz attractions that shouldn’t be missed:
1. Visit Piz Nair. Take a deep breath when you take in the stunning views from this mountain, reached via funicular and an aerial tramway and situated at an elevation of 10,030 feet.
2. Walk by the lake. Soak up one of the 322 days of St. Moritz sun with a stroll around the gorgeous Lake St. Moritz. The centerpiece of the Swiss town, it’s a beautiful spot in summer and winter.
3. Tour Glacier Grotto. When you make the journey up the summit of the Corvatsch Mountain hiking trails, you’ll be rewarded with the natural beauty of the Glacier Grotto as well as Alpine lake and pasture views.
4. Take a bath. Real Champagne baths aren’t recommended, but you’ll feel rejuvenated after bathing in carbonated mineral water — also known as a “Champagne bath” — at Medizinisches Therapie Zentrum spa.
5. Indulge in fondue. The Swiss cheese-based dish is best enjoyed in a cozy village restaurant with a rustic atmosphere, and in winter, a welcoming fire. You’ll find this at St. Moritz’s Chesa Veglia, a converted farmhouse in the center of town that’s run by the team at Badrutt’s Palace.