Answers from Our Experts (1)
There’s plenty to do with the kids in Tacoma, so here’s our Forbes Travel Guide editors’ list of the best:
1. Visit the Children’s Museum of Tacoma. Children will never forget the hands-on experiences to see, touch, make, hear and play at the museum’s five playscapes, or areas of exploration. Watch as they express themselves through the many interactive activities and art projects.
2. Have an adventure at the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium. See animals of all kinds such as polar bears, meerkats, puffins, Asian elephants, walruses and red wolves. Spend the night at the zoo or learn to be a zookeeper for the day. Activities are endless for kids at this combined zoo and aquarium.
3. Explore Northwest Trek. Located less than an hour outside of Tacoma, this 723-acre wildlife park features a tram tour, walking tour, nature trails and zip line adventure. See Northwest animals up-close, including bison, moose, bald eagles, grizzly bears and coyotes.
4. Run the bases at a Rainiers game. Come to the newly renovated Cheney Stadium and experience a Tacoma Rainiers Minor League Baseball game. Enjoy one of the best hotdogs in baseball, watch the game and afterwards, kids are invited onto the field to run the bases.
5. Watch live glassblowing at the Museum of Glass. Grab a boxed lunch from the museum’s restaurant and watch talented glass artists blow glass in the massive hot shop. Participate in the kids design class and watch your own glass creation come to life.