Answers from Our Experts (2)
Since the atmosphere is so casual all around, there are a ton of kid-friendly restaurants in Tahoe and Yosemite. These are our top five for keeping your kids pleased and their tummies full:
1. Fire & Ice. Fire & Ice is a Mongolian-style barbecue restaurant located directly at the foot of the can’t-miss Heavenly resort gondola. It’s great for kids because they get to go up to the buffet to pick their own ingredients and sauces, then carry them all over to the chef and watch him prepare it before their eyes. Picky eaters will love all the control, and even adults are entertained by having their food prepared in situ.
2. Snowflake Drive-in. If you want casual burgers, try the Snowflake Drive-in. Having been around forever, generations of locals come to slurp a shake and devour some delicious garlic fries after a day on Lake Tahoe, and it has a relaxed atmosphere, kid-friendly menu and low price point that should make the whole family happy.
3. Heidi’s Family Restaurant. If you want yummy, inexpensive breakfast for the whole family, try Heidi’s Family Restaurant. The eatery whips up pancakes, omelets, crepes, French toast, etc. with hearty portions and reasonable prices.
4. Yosemite Lodge food court. If you’re in Yosemite for the day, head over to the Yosemite Lodge food court, which serves all day and has everything from breakfast foods to pizza. No matter what your child likes, this joint has something that fits the bill.
5. Timberloft Pizzeria. In the summer, check out Timberloft Pizzeria. It’s seasonal, but the pizza is good, the service is fast, and it’s well equipped to handle families and large parties.
Here are our top restaurants to bring kids in Oakhurst:
1. El Cid's for Mexican fare.
2. Crab Cakes. This restaurant serves home-style cuisine, with mostly seafood specialities.
3. Di Ciccho's for Italian fare.
4. Ducey's Bar and Grill on the Lake. There’s an upstairs outdoor dining area overlooking Bass Lake.
5. Time for Tea. A small and cozy tea house with a fairy tale tea room for kids. Plus, the service is extremely friendly.