Answers from Our Experts (2)
The great outdoors may very well be the best place to have a romantic repast in Tahoe and Yosemite, but if you absolutely must eat indoors, these five restaurants will do the job, and then some:
1. Erna’s Elderberry House. If Old-World charm and impeccable service that spoils anything else afterwards appeal to you, make a reservation for dinner or Sunday brunch at Erna’s Elderberry House, a Five-Star eatery about 20 miles from Yosemite’s west entrance. Expect classic California cuisine prepared with fresh, local ingredients and stellar wine pairings.
2. Fresh Ketch. If the idea of holding hands while the sun sets over Lake Tahoe is your idea of a romantic evening, try Fresh Ketch, the much-beloved dockside seafood restaurant on the lake’s south shore. You’ll discover incredibly fresh fish and a naturally amorous ambience.
3. Moody’s. If you want sexy, dramatic décor as well as fine dining, Moody’s is the spot for you. It has Art Deco accouterments, seating on ruby-hued velvet banquettes, and haute fare, indeed.
4. Ahwahnee hotel. If you’re looking for a morning-after brunch, your best bet is the restaurant at the Ahwahnee hotel, which serves decadent midday meals on the weekends. It’s old-fashioned, too, with gorgeous décor and white tablecloth service.
5. Mountain View Restaurant. For a romantic lunch, the only game in town, really, is the Mountain View Restaurant at Yosemite Lodge. Why is this place where you should go? Two words: “waterfall views.” Amazing to look at, memorable and enough natural beauty to make your heart pound.
Due to our location in the countryside, the choices for different restaurants are rather limited. But here are a few romantic restaurants in the Tahoe and Yosemite area
1. Erna's Elderberry House Restaurant. One of the best restaurants in California, sitting on the outside patio and enjoying a wonderful dinner under the stars with the lit-up fountain and Château du Sureau in the background will definitely be a memory you will cherish forever.
2. Narrow Gauge Restaurant. The cuisine here is American with Alpine influences, and it’s served in a cozy chalet-like atmosphere (on Road 41, near Sugar Pine Railroad; approximately a 20-minute drive north of Oakhurst).
3. Savory's Restaurant. This spot serves international cuisine (in Mariposa; approximately a 40-minute drive west from Oakhurst).