Answers from Our Experts (1)
Don’t leave the Tahoe and Yosemite area without having these five food experiences:
1. Erna's Elderberry House Restaurant. This is one of the best restaurants in California. Sitting on the outside patio and enjoying a wonderful dinner under the stars with the lit-up fountain and Château du Sureau in the background will definitely be a memory that you will cherish forever.
2. Narrow Gauge Restaurant. Their cuisine is American with Alpine influences, served in a cozy chalet-like atmosphere (on Road 41, near Sugar Pine Railroad, approximately a 20-minute drive north of Oakhurst).
3. Savory's Restaurant. Serves international cuisine (in Mariposa, approximately a 40-minute drive west from Oakhurst).
4. Woody's in Oakhurst. The owner/chef is from New Orleans and the atmosphere is smart-casual. If you enjoy rather spicy Southern-style cooking, this will be the place to go.
5. Ahwahnee Hotel Dining Room in Yosemite Valley (approximately a one-and-a-half-hour-drive from Oakhurst).