Taipei's stylish modern masterpiece
320 Rooms / 57 Suites
Taipei Marriott Hotel fits in well with its luxurious surroundings. Located in the flashy district of Neihu, where glass-fronted showrooms for the likes of Lamborghini and Ferrari abound, the 2015-opened property exudes modernity, a keenly cultivated sense of style and the feel of striding through the halls of a marble-floored museum.
Indeed, many of the pieces adorning the walls of the nearly three-story lobby and throughout the building are larger than life, reflecting Taiwan's unique flora and fauna.
From the art deco design motifs to the trend-setting fusion restaurants located about the premises, the hotel, with unobstructed views of some of Taipei's most iconic scenery and landmarks, offers you a premium level of customized service, with a unique blend of technology, environmental awareness and top-notch amenities.
• Spa Above, located on the 19th floor, features a romantic couples room with an amazing view across the Songshan Airport grounds to the 101 Building. The vista is especially stunning when the metropolis is lit up at night and flights from Korea, Japan, and China come gliding in over the city.
• You won’t go hungry at this Taipei hotel. Five dining venues provide all-day service, whether you’re in the mood for a cocktail and bar bites in the Lobby Lounge, traditional Chinese fare at The Dining Place or light and fresh plates in Garden Kitchen.
• The eighth-floor Garden Villa boasts a glass wedding chapel that books months in advance, with some guests even engaging in a silent auction to secure the venue on auspicious dates. Amenities include a car lift for those wishing to make a grand entrance on their special day.
• Inge's, on the 20th floor, is a stylish dinner spot with 270-degree views of Taipei. Enjoy American barbecue alongside an upmarket wine selection, courtesy of the hotel’s sommelier, Raymond Yen.
• The Taipei Marriott is conveniently located in the heart of some of Taipei's best shopping, walking distance from the Miramar Entertainment Park (complete with Imax theater and rooftop Ferris wheel), yet also adjacent to the Jiannan Mountain hiking trails and Songshan Airport for quick, easy transport.
Things to Know
• The heated outdoor swimming pool, located on the 19th floor, features an excellent nighttime view of the Miramar Entertainment Park and the nearby mountains, with poolside food and beverage service available.
• Environmentally conscious travelers will note the bank of 10 Tesla charging ports located on level B2, a testament to the hotel's commitment to renewable resources that’s also hinted at in the design's abundant use of natural lighting.
• Also on the 19th floor is the Marriott's Executive Lounge, exclusively for the free and unlimited use of patrons staying on floors 15 through 18 as well as Gold and Platinum Club members. The lounge features a self-serve breakfast buffet daily, with a premium bar of top-shelf tipples, as well as a 12-person meeting room.
• No matter which way the rooms face, the view is grand, featuring some aspect of the cityscape worthy of a moment's pause. You might enjoy vistas of the scenic Yangmingshan National Park to the north, the historic Grand Hotel to the west, to Songshan Airport and the 101 Building to the south.
• Every room at the Marriott comes equipped with a handy smartphone that enables free international calls to all major markets, Wi-Fi and access to information on local destinations in multiple languages.
• The rooms’ contemporary design includes a soothing neutral color palette of ivory, cream and gray, accentuated by gorgeous and unobstructed views of Taipei through floor-to-ceiling windows.
• Double vanities and rain showers provide a spacious and relaxing environment in which to get ready each morning.
• You won't find the largest singular collection of Chinese antiquities in China, but at Taipei's National Palace Museum. The gallery houses thousands of artifacts brought to the island nation by Nationalist troops fleeing at the end of the Chinese Civil War.
• Meiti Riverside Park is just a few hundred feet from the Marriott's front doors. Located along the Keelung River, the green space offers miles of walking and cycling paths for outdoor fitness enthusiasts and business travelers looking to blow off some steam after a long day of meetings at the nearby Neihu Technology Park.
• If you’re looking for some local flavor, Shilin Night Market is also easily accessible by taxi from the Marriott or by the city's MRT system (Jiannan Station is the nearest stop to the luxury hotel).
• Across the Keelung River, you’ll find Yuanshan Park and the nearby Fine Arts Museum, the Taipei Story House museum and Expo Hall. This area is always lively with shops, exhibitions and seasonal events taking place on and around the park grounds.