Answers from Our Experts (1)
You hardly need to leave Innisbrook resort during your Florida vacation, but it’s a nice idea to get out and explore your surroundings. When you do decide to leave the resort, we suggest you plan a day trip to do these five things:
1. Go to an amusement park. Famed attractions Walt Disney World, SeaWorld, Universal Studios and MGM Studios are less than two hours from Innisbrook resort.
2. Explore Greek culture. Tarpon Springs is a center of Greek culture in Florida, with cultural activities like learning Greek line dancing, singing and cooking. And in the evenings, there are many restaurants to choose from that serve authentic fare like spanikopita and ouzo.
3. Go shopping. The Ellenton Premium Outlets, which feature popular stores such as J. Crew, Izod, BCBG, Michael Kors and Nike, are just a short distance from Innisbrook.
4. Visit the aquarium. One of the best aquariums in the state, The Florida Aquarium, is located just 45 minutes from the resort. The 150,000-plus square feet of space features amphibians of all species swimming in the gigantic tank.
5. Spend a day at the beach. Beaches of Clearwater, Florida, are only a 10- to 20-minute drive from Innisbrook, depending on which beach you choose to visit. Innisbrook Resort offers a complimentary shuttle service to and from Caladesi Island State Park, where you can picnic and beach for the day.