Answers from Our Experts (1)
Packard's Steakhouse is Innisbrook's fine dining restaurant, and it overlooks the resort's signature Copperhead golf course. Before you arrive at the traditional American steakhouse, there a few things you should know:
1. Its hours vary. Packard's is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You won't have any trouble dining here first thing in the morning or meeting for lunch after a game of golf, but the restaurant reserves the right to close last minute for dinner based on occupancy, reservations on the books and the time of year. Even if you do have a reservation, it's best to call ahead that week and confirm it will be open for dinner.
2. There's a special wine list. The steakhouse takes a different approach to the traditional wine list. There's a reserve wine list, which features the big names and vintage bottles you'd expect to see, and then there's Xperience, a boutique wine list. Xperience is divided into two lists — $25 and $45 bottles. All of these bottles come from small, boutique wineries that only make 100 cases or less of the selections on the list.
3. It's family-friendly. Despite its fine-dining label, Packard's is a family-friendly restaurant, and kids will have no problem finding something to eat off the menu here. If you're planning to bring your children to dinner, let the reservations agent know ahead of time so he can be sure your table will be set with a kid's menu.
4. Sit at the bar. If you want the menu of Packard's without all the fine-dining fuss, our Forbes Travel Guide editors suggest finding a seat at the bar, ordering a brew, watching the game on one of the TVs and enjoying a great meal. The bar at Packard's Steakhouse is set just off the entrance to the restaurant, with access to the main dining room. It serves the same breakfast, lunch and dinner menus as the main dining area, but seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
5. Try the Wine and Dine evenings. The Tampa restaurant hosts Wine and Dine Evenings throughout the year, as a way to introduce you to its food and its wine list. The $89 dinner for two includes a three-course meal and bottle of wine, and is typically available Sundays through Thursdays from 6 p.m.