What are the five best free things to do in Aspen?
1. Hike in the mountains during the summer or winter.
2. Listen to music, as so much of the music is free. On Sunday afternoons at the Benedict Music Tent you can sit on the lawn for free and picnic with hundreds of others while listening to world-class programs.
3. Visit the think tank lecture series — many of them are free.
4. Sit in the parks and open air malls and watch the day (and people) go by.
5. Be a spectator at any of the many great events: X-games, snow polo, Ruggerfest and many more.