Answers from Our Experts (2)
Blantyre stays true to its 19th-century roots, while still providing some of the modern-day amenities to make you feel comfortable. Here are five particular amenities at the Massachusetts hotel that we just love:
1. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the luxury hotel. Whether you’re sitting in your room or lounging by the pool, you’ll get a strong signal on your laptop.
2. The outdoor activities at Blantyre are a retreat in themselves. Enjoy tennis, hiking, swimming, bocce ball, croquet and even ice skating in the winter.
3. The welcome amenity at Blantyre is always a lovely surprise. Usually you’ll receive a full cheese plate with crackers and grapes, but it’s also likely you’ll see a complimentary bottle of wine or champagne in your room at some point during your stay.
4. The evening turndown service sets the mood for a deep slumber. We particularly love the bookmarks that are left on the beds, which offer simple sayings, like “Sweet dreams” or “Here I fell asleep.” It’s a thoughtful touch that before-bed readers will especially appreciate.
5. The pre-dinner wine tastings and champagne cocktail hours are one of the amenities that make the Five-Star hotel so special. Each night you’ll be treated to a new vintage or vineyard, as well as some passed canapés before dinner service.
The five best amenities at Blantyre are:
1. The Spa with its full range of treatments, luxurious hot tub and a magnificent fireplace is the perfect place for our guests to relax and unwind.
2. The tennis courts (in summer).
3. The ice rink (in winter) with its adjacent cozy warming hut and fire circle, or our snow shoe and cross country ski routes with on hand guidance from our very own snow concierge.
4. The croquet lawn nestled in our beautifully manicured gardens where following a gentle game you can relax in our garden hammock with a good book (we have more than 4,000 books for our guests to choose from).
5. Our outdoor swimming pool and 117 acres to roam, stroll, snow shoe or cross country ski.