Answers from Our Experts (2)
We only welcome children over the age of 12, and with more than 4,000 books, we encourage them to read!
While Blantyre’s 1800s feel and formality appeal more to adults, kids are welcome at the luxury hotel. Blantyre only permits ages 12 and up to stay at the country estate, but it does provide kiddies with a number of nice perks. Here are our picks for the five best amenities for children at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel.
1. They can play outside in the summer. During the warmer months, kids have tons of activities from which to choose. They can try out tennis, hike Blantyre’s trails or explore the Berkshires with their parents.
2. Kids are welcome in the pool. When it gets hot, kiddies are welcome to splash around in the outdoor heated pool. They will surely love the complimentary Dove ice cream bars that are served poolside for a post-swim treat, too.
3. Children will adore Blantyre’s winter wonderland. When the weather turns cold, kids can ice skate on a small rink, roast marshmallows over an outdoor fire pit, and go cross-country skiing or snowshoeing around the luxury hotel and in the Berkshire Mountains.
4. Thanks to the DVD players in every guest room, your child can cuddle up with her favorite movie — or borrow Disney favorites like Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, and Beauty and the Beast from the front desk — when they need to relax (yes, even kids need a day off sometimes).
5. The staff at Blantyre is incredibly accommodating to kids. It can aid in a finicky child’s request (within reason, of course), and you might even find staff playing a game of bocce ball with your little one.