Answers from Our Experts (2)
Tucked along the Berkshires, Blantyre is far removed from surrounding towns, which means it’s a trek to find a nearby restaurant. Thankfully, you don’t need to leave the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel for a delicious meal. Here’s our list of the best five things to eat and drink at the luxury hotel.
1. Drink a lot of wine. The Lenox, Massachusetts, hotel carries a great selection of vino. But before you tipple, ask for a tour of the wine cellar. Even if you’re not a lover of fine wines, you’ll want to see the extraordinary cellar. Inside the impressive space, you’ll find different wines from around the world. There’s also a sitting area that’s reminiscent of an old-school boys’ club (you can even smell the slight scent of cigar smoke that lingers in the walls). Let the Five-Star hotel’s wine director offer you some tasting recommendations, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the choices.
2. Fill up on the muffins. For its complimentary breakfast, Blantyre serves a number of mouth-watering dishes, like the whole-wheat pancakes with lemon-poppy-seed butter, maple syrup and berry compote. But we still dream about its fresh-baked blueberry muffins. Make sure to ask for seconds.
3. Try the cobb salad. When you devour starchy selections like blueberry muffins for breakfast, the salad is a perfect option for a light lunch from the prix fixe menu. Though, the egg, bacon, avocado, blue cheese and chicken toppings will fill you up.
4. Dig into the duck. Chef Arnaud Cotar does wonders with meats. We recommend you try one of his duck specialties, or take your chances on one of his specialties of the day for dinner. Whichever you choose, you can be sure it’s fresh.
5. Get some cookies. The pastry team at the luxury hotel creates unique and beautiful desserts. Our favorite treat is simple, but it’s what makes Blantyre feel like home: the chocolate chip cookies.
Food and drink is very personal, but five great dishes at Blantyre are:
1. Our chefs own bread that is oven baked daily. Indeed we are all convinced that Chef Arnaud finds his bread making the perfect way to relax and gather his thoughts.
2. Hot chocolate from our extensive menu where each delicious cup is made to order with a choice of the finest chocolates imported from France, Italy and Latin America.
3. The Chateaux Briand for two calved tableside makes a wonderfully romantic evening.
4. Our very own chicken noodle soup one of our guests favorites to order from room service.
5. Crème brûlée. We would say that this is probably the best you will ever taste. The secret is all in its preparation and, if guests ask, then Chef Arnaud may share the secret.