Answers from Our Experts (2)
Blantyre is a hideaway in one of New England’s most preserved areas. The Berkshires is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts, thanks to the endless activities available at all seasons, but we enjoy simply being on the grounds of the estate. Here are five other things we love about the Five-Star hotel.
1. All the rooms at Blantyre are really suites. They are big and provide all the amenities you’ll need to be comfortable, including your own mini-fridge. Each room is designed uniquely to represent a specific piece of Blantyre’s past.
2. The resort’s elegant ambience makes it a perfect place for couples who want some alone time. Make it a date night with the formal dining and live tunes in the Music Room.
3. When it gets cold, Blantyre becomes a winter wonderland, complete with ice skating rinks, outdoor fire pits for roasting marshmallows and horse and sleigh rides. If you’re looking for a special way to celebrate the holidays, Blantyre will provide everything but the snow.
4. Blantyre’s vast wine cellar is one of the most highly coveted drinking spots in the world. Continuously rated with a Grand Award from Wine Spectator magazine, the wine cellar at Blantyre will delight. It’s one of our favorite places in the luxury hotel.
5. The people at Blantyre are what make this resort so wonderful and welcoming. Owner Ann Fitzpatrick-Brown is always present and makes a point to know you by your first name and spend time with you throughout your stay. Repeat guests look forward to these private moments with Brown to catch up since their last visit. The rest of the staff is accommodating and available to assist in every aspect of your stay. It’s not uncommon for you to chat with the chef during one of your meals or to hear about the new vintages from the wine director or sommelier. At any given time, you might find the staff playing bocce ball with your kids or teaching them croquet techniques.
Our size is perfect for wonderful, full property take-overs, birthdays, anniversaries, reunions, a corporate retreat, a birthday surprise and weddings. Blantyre is the perfect size for 2 people or 50. In the winter months, we have snow barbeques in the fire around the “circle of stones” next to our giant ice rink (our 3 tennis courts, flooded). We serve lunch on the ice rink, dinner in the Warming Hut and serve our signature hot chocolate menu on the ice rink itself.
Lenox is the summer home of the Boston Symphony at Tanglewood, and Blantyre is just a five-minute drive from a concert under the stars. Blantyre is central to the best in antiquing, museums and theater. Each holiday at Blantyre is full of traditions of a country house — New Years’ Eve with a small orchestra, Valentine’s Day with bouquets of black roses (a sign of passion from the sixteenth century) and Thanksgiving, where the resort is surrounded by pumpkins everywhere.