Answers from Our Experts (1)
You never know what will be on the menu at Dining Room at Blantyre. The menus change seasonally, but every so often chef Arnaud Cotar will add in a new dish to keep the kitchen on its toes. Here are five of our favorite dishes to order.
1. Egg omelet. The egg omelet with mushroom ragout and Vermont cheddar cheese is a favorite among Blantyre guests. The most important meal of the day also comes with a basket of fresh-made breakfast breads, including the heavenly blueberry scones.
2. Cobb salad. Blantyre's take on the traditional cobb salad makes it one of our favorite simple lunch dishes. The classic chopped salad is full of chicken, bacon, avocado, hard-boiled eggs and blue cheese. Plus, it's large enough to share or wrap up for a snack later in the day.
3. Venison loin. Venison is top game in the Berkshires and one of chef Cotar's specialties at Blantyre. The loin is cooked with sage and chestnuts, making it one of fall's most comforting dishes — for your nose and palate.
4. Foie gras. Chef Cotar's French roots shine through in his signature foie gras dish. Foie gras, raised in New York, is served as an appetizer with toasted gingerbread brioche and apples.
5. Boneless lamb rack. Prepared with capers and raisins — as well as pepper ragout and garbanzo bean croquettes during our Forbes Travel Guide editor's visit — this rack of lamb is a signature sweet-and-savory dish at the Berkshires restaurant.