A scenic spa high above Tokyo
5 Treatment Rooms
Tokyo’s skyline is on grand display at Spa & Fitness Kioi, located on the 30th floor of The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, A Luxury Collection Hotel. Unobscured views of the Japanese capital’s landmarks beckon from floor-to-ceiling windows throughout the spa and adjacent fitness center, providing the perfect backdrop for some serious pampering.
Rejuvenate with either European-style or traditional Japanese treatments in the spa’s five beautifully appointed rooms. While there, take a dip in the indoor lap pool or hot tub and work up a sweat in the state-of-the-art gym, all while gazing out at a frame-worthy skyline.
The 250-room Prince Gallery Kioicho opened in 2016 in central Tokyo and occupies the top seven floors of the Kioi Tower. The spa is a key amenity in this luxury hotel, which features two chic bars as well as elegant Japanese and Mediterranean restaurants.
Our Inspector’s Highlights
• The Tokyo spa is the only location in Japan where you can experience the anti-aging treatments of Swiss Perfection. Popular with celebrities, this European luxury brand specializes in plant-based cellular products designed to rejuvenate and hydrate skin.
• The pool is impressive by day, but nothing surpasses the dreamy experience of swimming at night under dimmed lights. The shimmering blue water is mirrored by reflections on the ceiling while thousands of city lights sparkle through the wall of windows.
• The city views are incredible from everywhere in this spa, but if you’d like to gaze out at iconic Mt. Fuji while you get your massage, request a west-facing treatment room.
• The locker rooms come complete with large onsen-style communal hot and cold baths with views, as well as a steam sauna.
• For a truly Japanese experience, request the Kokutan Detox Treatment. This traditional service includes a massage using an ebony cane and an organic tea seed oil treatment, which is great for treating fluid retention.
Things to Know
• All Swiss Perfection products are available for purchase at the spa.
• The pool features three 20-meter-long lap lanes, and the staff is happy to provide you with goggles, swim caps and even a swimsuit, on request.
• The adjacent fitness center is spacious and uncrowded, so your chances of having to wait to use a weight machine or one of the treadmills is highly unlikely. A personal trainer is also available for a fee.
• Be aware before booking a treatment: per Japanese custom, guests with tattoos are not permitted to enter the spa and gym. The area is also off-limits to anyone under 18.
• With an emphasis on anti-aging products, the luxury spa is the perfect place for a rejuvenating facial. Treatments include serums, collagens and masks to rehydrate, plump and brighten skin to a more youthful glow.
• Sessions range from 60 minutes to three hours. For the latter, a Spa Suite Gallery package includes the luxury of a private hot bath, not to mention a 30-minute body scrub, a 60-minute body treatment using argan oil to reduce fatigue and a 60-minute cellular brightness facial.
• For the Japanese aromatherapy treatments, the spa uses medical-grade essential oils extracted from plants all over the world.
• Specifically for men, a cellular skin cleanse facial uses a high-performance treatment to encourage a smoother and clearer complexion. Also for the gentlemen, a skin purification body treatment features a warm body wrap with anti-cellulite action.
• Couples can book a spa suite room with side-by-side massage tables, armchairs you can sink back into for foot massages and your own oversized square bathtub for soaking.
• The spa also offers a single suite room. Treatments in these rooms include an extra 30 minutes earmarked solely for relaxing.
• While four of the treatment rooms are airy and light-filled, a fifth offers soothing darkness. The paneled walls, low lighting and shiny orange accents create a sophisticated atmosphere guaranteed to lull you into a relaxed state.
• Feel free to linger after your treatment in the relaxation room. Recline behind sheer curtains on loungers, flip through the provided fashion magazines and sip complimentary water from the mini-fridge all while gazing out at tremendous views of Tokyo.