Answers from Our Experts (1)
Kids won’t be bored in Toledo. Parents can take advantage of a variety of activities that are both educational and fun. Here are Forbes Travel Guide editors’ top picks for what to do with children in Toledo:
1. Toledo Zoo. Each year, the Toledo Zoo hosts nearly 1 million visitors, making it one of the most popular spots in the city — it’s got animals ranging from the Arctic to the Savannah. The easily navigated grounds, exhibits, playgrounds, dining options and carousel are just a few reasons this zoo is highly ranked year after year.
2. Imagination Station. The hands-on science museum will provide hours of fun for kids. It is home to more than 300 exhibits within six learning areas, including the tilted house, water exploration center and giant piano. Wander around and then defy gravity by riding a cable-suspended bicycle 20 feet above the ground.
3. Sauder Village. Kids can see what it was like to live more 100 years ago at Sauder Village, which is 45 miles west of Toledo. Costumed staff, demonstrations and hands-on activities will transport you back to 19th century rural Ohio.
4. The Toledo Museum of Art. The Family Center at The Toledo Museum of Art offers free workshops, which give kids an opportunity to create their own masterpieces. Afterwards, staff members will even give some ideas for keeping kids interested while strolling through the galleries.
5. Toledo Firefighters Museum. Home to vintage fire equipment, uniforms, antique toys and memorabilia, the museum will take you through the history of firefighting in Toledo. Kids can role-play possible dangerous situations at the Safety and Education Center. They’ll leave knowing how to roll out of bed, stay low and feel for warm door handles.