Answers from Our Experts (1)
Toledo has a variety of accommodations within the city and surrounding suburbs. Whether you are looking for a full-service hotel or cozy bed and breakfast, you’ll find it in Toledo. Here are Forbes Travel Guide editors’ picks for the best hotels:
1. The Casey-Pomeroy House. Located in Toledo’s Historic Old West End neighborhood, this 1870s home went through a massive renovation in 2003. Today, you can stay in one of its six luxurious rooms, enjoy an in-room massage and indulge in a delicious breakfast. The homemade granola and vegetable quiche are guest favorites.
2. Mansion View Inn. Also in the Old West End area, you’ll have a truly personalized stay at this Victorian mansion, which has just four guest rooms. A chef-prepared breakfast is available each morning, and avid readers will enjoy the large selection of books in the sitting room. If you find one you like, you can even take it with you.
3. Hilton Toledo. Located on the medical campus of The University of Toledo, the Hilton Toledo is within close proximity to many area attractions. Travelers will enjoy the fitness center, indoor pool and hot tub. Both a lounge and restaurant are located on the main floor of the hotel.
4. Belamere Suites. Get a resort experience at this luxury hotel located in Perrysburg, about 15 minutes from downtown Toledo. Amenities include a 24-hour concierge, single-car garages attached to each suite, in-room dining and spa services. The Belamere is known for its romantic ambiance and lavish offerings.
5. Maumee Bay Lodge. Located on the shores of Lake Erie in Oregon, Ohio, this family-friendly resort will keep everyone busy. Guests can spend time golfing, kayaking, hiking or biking. There are also indoor and outdoor pools, as well as a children’s splash area. Take advantage of the waterside dining before retreating to your well-appointed rooms.