Answers from Our Experts (1)
Before heading to Casino Del Sol Resort in Arizona, here are five things you should know:
1. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel is is Tucson, about 15 miles from the airport. There's ample parking at the property, but if you take a cab to the resort, allow 30 minutes or so for a taxi to arrive at the remote property. This is essential to know when heading to the airport.
2. The top floor of the hotel is the Sky Level and it features the most luxurious rooms at Casino Del Sol Resort. The rooms and suites feature travertine-tiled showers, soaking Jacuzzi tubs, plush seating areas, and views from either the large picture windows in the guest rooms or the balconies in the suites.
3. Tucson is known for its spas and natural healing retreats. Hiapsi Spa at Casino Del Sol Resort is named for the Pascua Yaqui Indian word meaning "heart and soul." Treatments such as the medicine wash and herbal wraps are inspired by traditional Native American healing plants and rituals.
4. Entertainment is part of the package. The luxury hotel features a range of live entertainment including musical acts like BB King, tribute bands dedicated to Iron Maiden and Abba as well as magicians. So consider seeing a show while you're there.
5. The final thing to know about Casino Del Sol Resort is, of course, about the casino. It's one of the two largest casinos in Southern Arizona, so you'll find plenty of options for slots, table games, bingo, and a card room as well as several restaurants and bar.