Answers from Our Experts (1)
Tucson offers a rare combination of delightful Western living, colorful desert, mountains everywhere you turn and cosmopolitan culture. Coronado National Forest and Saguaro National Park offer only-in-the-southwest scenery, while Pima Air & Space Museum, the Titan Missile Museum and the Tucson Museum will teach you everything from the universe to the city’s history. Here are the top things to do in Tucson:
1. Explore Coronado National Forest. Coronado National Forest’s 2 million acres offer endless outdoorsy possibilities. Fishing, bird watching, hiking and horseback riding are just a few of your choices.
2. Visit the Pima Air & Space Museum. Pima Air & Space Museum is one of the biggest air and space museums in the world. It houses a top-notch collection of more than 300 aircraft and spacecraft, enough to make any aviation enthusiast drool.
3. Head to the Titan Missile Museum. The Titan Missile Museum may be your only chance to tour an underground intercontinental ballistic missile site, which was used as a deterrent during the Cold War.
4. Revel in the art at the Tucson Museum. The Tucson Museum houses its collection in historic adobe homes. Check out the display of American West art, which examines the landscape and its people.
5. Set your sights on Saguaro National Park. The enormous saguaro cacti at Saguaro National Park have become icons for the American West. This is one of the few places in the country where you can see them.