Answers from Our Experts (1)
Before you check in to your studio or multi-bedroom suite at Solaris Residences, here are five things you should know about this Vail, Colorado, resort:
1. It’s easy to reach. Solaris Residences is a two-hour drive from Denver International Airport, reachable through daily direct flights from major cities across the U.S., as well as connections from nearly anywhere in the world. Eagle County Regional Airport is about a 30-minute drive to Solaris.
2. It’s new to Vail. When the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel celebrated its inaugural ski season grand opening in 2011, it set a new standard for luxury accommodations and amenities in Vail.
3. There are ownership opportunities. A few of the original 79 residences are available for purchase. Solaris Residences suites range from 900 to 6,500 square feet and offer up to six bedrooms. Each unit can be customized to the owner’s preference.
4. There’s a wide range of rental rates. Guests interested in vacationing at Solaris Residences can choose from a variety of seasons and rates. The 2012-2013 winter nightly rates range from $785 to $6,000 based on residence size. Summer rates range from $600 to $1,250 and shoulder-season rates are from $525 to $1,125.
5. It offers a custom ski package. Solaris Residences has a unique partnership with Folsom Custom Ski Company that benefits discerning clientele. When Solaris guests reserve the custom ski package they receive custom skis of their own. The skis are based on the guest’s gender, body type, weight and preferred terrain. This package requires reservations one month in advance to ensure the skis are ready upon the guest’s arrival and it starts at $3,700 a person.
In addition, all residents and guests have access to Solaris Residences’ ski valet, which provides pickup and drop-off at Vail Mountain upon request. Vail offers 193 skiing trails to enjoy over 5,289 acres.