Answers from Our Experts (1)
A mix of modern art and contemporary amenities made it easy for us to create a list of the five best things about The St. Regis Hotel:
1. The modern art. When the hotel was overhauled in 2009, the aim was to create a boutique hotel that included heaps of modern art. You’ll spot large abstract paintings at the ends of the hallways, hanging next to the reception desk and dotted throughout the property.
2. You can rent an iPad. For $25 a day, you can surf the Internet via an Apple iPad, and with strong wireless throughout the hotel, you can do so from your guest room, the lobby or the business center.
3. The location. If you’re coming in from the airport via Vancouver’s convenient Skytrain, you’ll find a stop is mere steps from the hotel’s entrance. You’re also in the heart of the city itself, with Pacific Centre Mall just a block away.
4. The heated bathroom floors. It’s the little things that put a room over the top, and in this case we were delighted to slide across warm marble floors in The St. Regis Hotel bathrooms.
5. The business center. While plenty of hotel business centers are boring, stuffy affairs with just a lone PC stuck in a corner, the business center at The St. Regis Hotel is vibrant and comfortable. You’ll find multiple computers lining the far wall, and several comfy leather armchairs arranged in front of a flat-screen television. The dark walls and recessed lighting make the space feel like a stylish library.