Answers from Our Experts (1)
The St. Regis Hotel has three ways for you to dine during your visit: via the room service menu, at the stylish Gotham Steakhouse, or via the more relaxed St. Regis Bar and Grill. Where to begin? With our list of the top five best choices, of course:
1. The marinated Thai beef salad at Gotham Steakhouse. We snagged this one for lunch and enjoyed a tangy, fresh salad with strips of seasoned beef that marries the herbivore and carnivore all at once.
2. The vegetarian falafel wrap at The St. Regis Hotel Bar and Grill. Falafel at a bar? Indeed. Veggies will appreciate all that’s packed in here, including a tangy tzatziki sauce and heaps of sliced tomatoes.
3. The bone-in New York strip at Gotham Steakhouse. It’s right there in the name — this is a steakhouse, and the cut to try is the classic strip. Pair it with a side of Alaskan king crab legs and you have your very own surf and turf.
4. Wine at Gotham Steakhouse. This is a serious wine list for serious wine drinkers (they’ve earned a Wine Spectator Award of Excellence) so have a glass at the bar, or pair a bottle with your meal.
5. The deep-fried peanut butter and jam sandwich from the room service menu. You only live once, right? This oddball caught our eye on the room service menu, and it seems like a hey-I’m-on-vacation experience to have.