Answers from Our Experts (1)
The menu at Hawksworth Restaurant is constantly evolving to reflect seasonal offerings and special deliveries (like a shipment of truffles), so take a few moments to listen to the selections from the server. On the regular rotation, here are five things to indulge your taste buds:
1. Anything tempura: Properly done tempura is both light and rich, decadent and airy. Hawksworth Restaurant does an incredible salmon tempura and often has inventive adaptions of this Asian dish, like tempura short ribs.
2. The Pacific sablefish is revered on Vancouver’s food scene, and for good reason. Well seasoned and flavorful, the fish is light and flakey and the sides (soy braised daikon, pickled shitake, crispy yam) are no ordinary starch-and-greens. They perfectly complement this unabashedly Pacific Rim dish.
3. Dig into a 22 oz. dry-aged rib eye – made for two, of course. Served with la ratte potatoes, crispy bone marrow (a new haute cuisine staple) and brown butter hollandaise, this is a fresh adaption of the classic steakhouse dinner.
4. For brunch, the lemon ricotta pancakes with candied maple syrup are fluffy with a hint of tartness, perfect to satiate sweet-and-savory cravings.
5. Save room for dessert and you won’t be disappointed. The soft vanilla custard with Buddha’s hand, pink grapefruit and sesame is laid out like a sushi board, with a mix of textures: crispy, creamy, cold and crunchy.