Answers from Our Experts (1)
Seafood is the centerpiece of the Yew Seafood and Bar menu, and there’s a lot to choose from — think shellfish to fresh catches. Here’s our take on the five best things to order at this stylish Vancouver restaurant:
1. Lobster poutine. Poutine is practically Canada’s national dish, and the standard combination of fries smothered in cheese curds and gravy is taken to a classier level with the addition of lobster gravy and fromage frais.
2. The We Make it Yew Shake It whisky sour. This is Yew’s signature drink — made with Canada’s White Owl whisky and spiced in-house with homemade bitters and lemon. A smooth and slightly spicy start to your evening.
3. The fresh catch. If you’re going to eat seafood, why not opt for the freshest choice? Yew has a daily fresh catch that your server will tell you about, and it changes with whatever is being caught in the waters around Vancouver.
4. The mussels. Enjoy a full pound of steamed mussels accompanied by tomato, garlic confit, celery and chorizo for a fresh taste of the sea via this classic shellfish dish.
5. Carrot cake ice cream. It might sound strange, but carrot cake ice cream combined with a pineapple compote and coconut meringue is just the right amount of citrusy-sweet genius to cap off your meal.