Answers from Our Experts (1)
As a destination spa located in the secluded Wickaninnish Inn in Tofino, British Columbia, Ancient Cedars Spa offers many unique specialty treatments available that are influenced by the area’s natural surroundings. Here are the five best treatments at Ancient Cedars Spa.
1. Hishuk Ish Tsawalk Awakening Treatment. This full-body treatment — the name means “Everything is one; all is interconnected” in the Nuu chah nulth language — is inspired by the traditional cleansing ceremonies performed by the West Coast’s indigenous people. The treatment begins with a full-body exfoliation using a Vancouver Island seaweed body polish followed by hot and cold water therapy. The final step is a massage with heated local basalt stones that leaves you calm and thoroughly relaxed.
2. Glorious Skin Facial. This relaxing anti-aging facial delivers immediate visible results by soothing expression lines and fine wrinkles. While this treatment delivers a fresh face it is gentle enough that is a great choice prior to an evening engagement.
3. Thai Massage. This massage is a unique way to melt away the stress and tension, and help release stagnant energy. This ancient style of massage uses a combination of stretching, acupressure, and yoga to relax and tone your soft tissues.
4. Couples’ West Coast Sacred Sea Treatment. Set in the spa's private Haven Rainforest room (which has its own fireplace, shower and bathroom), this is a luxurious treatment to share with a loved one. During the two-hour treatment, you’ll experience a full-body exfoliation before slipping into side-by-side Jacuzzi tubs for a seaweed kelp soak. Next comes a firming seaweed gel wrap. As a final step, your skin will be slathered with moisturizer. All the products used in the treatment are made by Sea Flora, a Victoria-based spa line.
5. Hydrotherapy Soak. One of the unique treatments at the luxury British Columbia spa is a soak in the famed Bouvier Hydro’s Equinox tub. Seaweed salts are added to the hydro tub and 144 water jets massage your entire body for a thalassotherapy treatment that is both relaxing and invigorating.