A relaxing Vancouver cocoon
4 Treatment Rooms
A first for Canada, The Spa by Ivanka Trump can be found inside the newly opened luxury Trump International Hotel & Tower Vancouver, which dominates the city’s skyline as the second-tallest building.
A low-key entrance on the second floor of the hotel leads into an intimate lobby area where spa staff guides you to chose an “intention” to relax, rejuvenate or be energized during treatments.
The 5,000-square-foot luxury space features four spa suites. Each one comes with its own amenities, such as an individual dressing room and Swiss steam shower, so the entire spa experience takes place within the cocoon of the room.
Treatments (scrubs, massages, facials and nails) and products (plant-based Red Flower and legendary skincare specialists Babor) are curated by Ivanka Trump. They are inspired by her travels and her love of a holistic approach to self-care.
The masculine décor of the spa, gentlemen’s treatment menu and addition of a couples retreat room also make the space appealing for male guests.
Our Inspector’s Highlights
• Take a seat on the spa “thrones” and be treated like a king or queen while you soak your feet in the aromatherapy bath before receiving a red-carpet-ready pedicure.
• Enjoy an experience for two in the Couples Suite, which features side-by-side treatment tables, a deep soaker bath, steam shower, changing vanity and relaxation area where pairs can reconnect.
• Get steamy in the Swiss showers found in the relaxation area of each spa suite — a deluge shower and side jets create an immersive experience to soothe and detox after treatments.
• Breathe in deeply to make the most of the organic Red Flower aromatherapy products that are used in treatments. This range of botanical-based products began in NYC in the late ’90s and is a favorite of Ivanka Trump.
Things to Know
• Stay hydrated after treatments with a glass of crystal-infused water that will be offered by the therapist. The rocks are supposed to give you “good vibrations.”
• Day guests can use the Coal Harbour spa, so hotel guests may feel more comfortable changing in the spa suites. Elevators are a short stroll away for anyone who wants to remain in their robes and change in their rooms.
• Curated rituals begin with an exfoliation, then include a body wrap or facial, body massage and replenishing moisturization. They are followed by a detoxifying steam shower. Choose from a Relax & Center, Energy & Balancing or a Relax & Revive ritual to suit your mood.
• Gentleman’s Studio treatments include an Executive Facial and a sports massage that blends Asian energy stimulation and Western massage techniques.
• Skin Studio services use the German Babor skincare line and focus on natural products to harness the power of organic ingredients, including heated obsidian stones, coral, sea salt and fresh berry serum.
• Massages are tailored to relax, rejuvenate or energize. Each one begins with a scented towel placed on the shoulders that’s infused with lavender, citrus or ocean scent to have the desired effect.
• The Vancouver spa is situated along a muted corridor and lobby, but each of the four spacious suites is lavishly decorated for optimum comfort.
• Spa guests can also enjoy the indoor pool (which transforms to Drai’s nightclub in the evening) and the extra-large Jacuzzi on the terrace.
• Work out before a spa treatment at the state-of-the-art gym, which has cloud-based cardio programs on demand and Technogym Artis equipment — favored by a number of Ferrari F1 drivers and Manchester United soccer players.
• Forget your workout clothes? Hotel guests get access to the Trump Wellness program, which offers complimentary rental of running shoes, iPods and yoga mats.