Answers from Our Experts (1)
There’s much to love about Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC. The luxury hotel has everything from a standout spa to beautiful waterfront views. Read on for the five things we love the most about the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel:
1. The location. It’s the only luxury hotel on the southwest waterfront. For locals, this means the hotel is an intimate getaway set apart from the hustle and bustle of the city. For tourists, it’s an easy walk to the Smithsonian museums and monuments.
2. The spa. It’s arguably the city’s finest, and at 10,000 square feet, the Four-Star spa is one of the largest. Book the Asian-inspired Bamboo Massage, similar to a hot stone but with the use of heated bamboo rods. Even if you can’t fit in a treatment, hotel guests get to use the spa’s great facilities for free.
3. The restaurant. CityZen is one of the best in the D.C. area and the seasonal menu changes so frequently, it’s easy to return again and again for new dining experiences. You’re guaranteed a great meal: James Beard Award-winning chef Eric Ziebold, formerly of the French Laundry, helms the Four-Star restaurant.
4. The views. Even city view rooms boast vistas at the Washington Monument, an easy and charming reminder that you’re staying in the nation’s capital.
5. The service. Despite the luxury hotel’s large size, it lives up to expectations with discreet, personalized service and friendly staff.