Answers from Our Experts (1)
When planning an evening at Westend Bistro, here are some key things you should know about the Washington, D.C. eatery.
1. Westend Bistro is located just blocks from Washington, D.C.’s business district, the Golden Triangle, making it an excellent place for after-work dinner or drinks.
2. The atmosphere at Westend Bistro is relaxed and casual, so there’s no need to pull out a coat and tie (unless you want to) for a night out.
3. The restaurant serves American bistro-style food. That means you can have a high-grade burger with spicy fries just as easily as you can order a bouillabaisse-inspired fish dish.
4. The menu at Westend Bistro also comes equipped with lighter options that are featured in the Bistro Lite section of the menu (think grilled rainbow trout or mustard greens and pink lady apple salad).
5. The bar at Westend Bistro is a happy hour hotspot and it offers drinks such as the Salty Senator (with Avión tequila, grapefruit and lemon juices, orange bitters, simple syrup and housemade salt foam) or the District Derby (with Buffalo Trace bourbon, grapefruit juice, plum bitters, housemade smoked ginger honey syrup and fresh basil).