Vegas-style pampering in D.C.
11 Treatment Rooms
The 27,000-square-foot Spa and Salon at MGM National Harbor brings Vegas-style amenities and pampering to the East Coast.
Well positioned on the hotel’s second floor, the spa gives you a private destination that offers views galore with enough quiet and relaxation that you’ll feel as if you’ve gotten away from the bustling casino, entertainment and dining destination below.
Exclusive treatments by luxe line Clarins ensure top-quality facials and services, while styling areas, including a full men’s barber lounge, guarantee that you can easily get ready for a night out.
A spacious relaxation area, indoor water circuits — including a sauna, steam room and whirlpool — and an outdoor pool also promise stay-all-day fun.
• Bring friends — this spa has the room. With 11 treatment rooms, including couples’ suites, hydrotherapy and Vichy rooms, everyone in your crew can join in for a spa day.
• The rooms are spacious by spa standards, and many include an option for natural light, if desired.
• This spa is designed to get you ready for a night at the resort. Don’t miss the four-station salon, which comes complete with a color room, a makeup room, four mani and pedi stations and a dedicated men’s barbering area.
• The fitness center is large, boasting all the cardio and weights you could desire, plus dedicated spaces for yoga, Pilates and spin classes.
• It’s easy to stay all day. The roomy relaxation area has comfortable chaise lounges with cozy blankets, magazines, hot tea and a small selection of snacks — the housemade granola bars are to die for.
Things to Know
• Open seasonally, the outdoor pool, which wraps around one side of the resort, is a great place to catch some sun. Just don’t expect much of a view — it overlooks a main drive that cars use to enter the resort.
• The locker area is well stocked and has ample counter space to get ready for a night out, plus all the accouterments needed to help you look your best, like curling irons, a selection of hair products and quality blow dryers.
• Particularly on weekdays, the National Harbor spa uses some on-call therapists, so be sure to book early to be able to secure an appointment at your preferred time.
• Getting ready with a crowd? The spa provides a dedicated menu for bridal or groom parties to help everyone get event ready. We’d try it for a bachelorette glam squad, too.
• The D.C. spa is the only in the area to offer Clarins products both in treatment and for sale. An extensive selection of facials can help you look ready for the red carpet, firm your skin or add moisture — then purchase the same products in the boutique to keep the glow after you get home.
• Try a pampering scrub in the Vichy room. The scents are inspired by local history, like a tobacco vanilla reminiscent of the area’s tobacco-growing roots, or a cherry blossom that nods to the fragrant blooms that dot the locale each spring.
• There’s a well-edited selection of 30-minute mini treatments, like the back, neck and shoulder relief, perfect if you’ve been stressed at the tables, or the rest and restore, geared toward helping you achieve a good night’s sleep.
• While services are results-oriented, we love that many have an aesthetic focus that can leave you ready to hit the onsite casino or theater, like a custom tan application or the slim and contour wrap.
• The double-level spa entryway is impressive and airy, with a well-curated selection of retail (peruse super-soft PJs and yoga wear) and a wide array of Clarins products.
• It’s best to arrive at least a half hour or more before your treatment to get into a Zen state. The locker rooms boast sauna and steam, as well as a whirlpool, plus a nice selection of loungers.
• The color palette is soothing, a combination of white, dove gray and pale blue with pops of metallic and the occasional splash of Clarins signature red.