Answers from Our Experts (1)
Mayflower Spa always makes us feel renewed and relaxed. Here are five amenities at the Forbes Travel Guide Soon-To-Be-Rated spa that never fail to send us into a state of sheer bliss.
1. Luxurious waters. We love the spa’s stunning light-filled, blue glass-tiled heated indoor pool and domed whirlpool. They’re the perfect spots to unwind after a treatment or a long day of activities at the Mayflower Inn.
2. Zen-like relaxation room. It’s hard not to feel at peace in the utterly blissful white relaxation room with a view, known as the Garden Room.
3. Warming room. No matter what time of year you visit the Connecticut spa, you’ll want to indulge in its signature hammam-like marble warming room called the Thermal Sanctuary. It features healing colors, a scented moisturizing mist and music that will lull you into total relaxation.
4. Aromatic steam rooms. There’s nothing we love more than a good steam room, and this spa has one of the best.
5. Activity. The luxury spa has a wide variety of private and small-group classes that are offered daily — you’ll find everything from yoga and Pilates to sleep and stress-management workshops to meditation walks and guided hikes.