Answers from Our Experts (1)
Brunch, that all-important meal we associate with weekend leisure, holds a firm place in Western Connecticut, just as it does in our hearts. Here are the five best brunch locales in Western Connecticut:
1. On Sundays at the Mayflower Inn, you’ll enjoy executive chef Justin Ermini’s seasonal menu that highlights such favorites as vanilla bean and ricotta pancakes and sweet English pea soup, all while seated in a stunning setting that overlooks the property’s finely manicured Shakespeare Garden.
2. At the G.W. Tavern in Washington Depot, you can savor organic salmon and Chesapeake Bay oysters, along with traditional favorites like buttermilk pancakes and eggs benedict.
3. Community Table, a restaurant that relies on locally sourced ingredients, serves Sunday brunch in a farm-to-table experience; you can choose from among a number of quality dishes, such as poached eggs with house-cured ham or, for a taste of Europe, the Scandinavian breakfast board, which includes a soft-boiled egg, toast, cheese, cured meat, preserves and butter.
4. In New Milford, Sunday brunch is served at Adrienne’s - a charming colonial house restaurant with fireplaces and a patio - where you can partake in dishes as varied as seafood crepes, eggs ranchero and the omelette du jour.
5. Finally, be sure to try the Sunday brunch at West Street Grill, On the Green in Litchfield, which features fresh and eclectic, modern American fare.