Answers from Our Experts (1)
Xi’an is home to an assortment of luxury hotels from well-known international chains, while those on a tighter budget will find some of the best hostels in China here as well. Our Forbes Travel Guide editors feel these are the five places to stay in Xi’an:
1. The Westin Xi’an. Featuring a full-service spa and fitness center, indoor swimming pool and five restaurants and bars, The Westin Xi’an is an ideally located luxury hotel that’s a short walk away from the Giant Wild Goose Pagoda and Tang Paradise theme park. Guest rooms are comfortable and modern, with each equipped with a 37-inch flat-screen television and a Westin Heavenly Bed that’s every bit as comfortable as it sounds.
2. Shangri-La Hotel, Xi’an. Floor-to-ceiling windows in each of the 395 guest rooms and suites are a definite highlight of any stay at this gorgeous hotel, where you’ll be floored by the chic design and impeccable service from the moment you arrive. Be sure to make time for a body treatment in one of six private rooms at serene The Spa, and bring your camera along with your swimsuit down to the awesome indoor pool area, where you can lounge on poolside couches after swimming a few laps in the heated 25-meter pool.
3. Sofitel Xi’an on Renmin Square. Lush, stylish Sofitel Xi’an on Renmin Square flawlessly balances modern luxuries with classic Asian-style grandeur. Its 414 guest rooms and suites feature Wi-Fi access, rain showers and the trademark Sofitel MyBed, while six onsite restaurants, four bars, a full-service spa and indoor pool provide plenty of welcomed distraction for those times when you’re not out exploring the city.
4. Sheraton Xi’an Hotel. Located near the city center, Sheraton Xi’an Hotel is a popular choice for working travelers thanks to its 13 well-equipped meeting rooms, private Sheraton Club Lounge and full range of business services. The hotel’s 395 spacious guest rooms and suites feature goose down duvets, 32-inch flat-screen televisions and Wi-Fi access, but for the ultimate in luxury splurge on the top-floor Presidential Suite, where you’ll be treated to panoramic views of Xi’an, 24-hour private butler service and home-cooked meals prepared by a chef in an attached kitchen.
5. Golden Flower Hotel, Xi’an. This monolithic hotel from Shangri-La offers 416 elegantly decorated guest rooms and suites, along with 35 serviced apartments perfect for those in town for an extended period of time on business. The nearly 5,400-square-meter fitness center and health club is one of the largest in Xi’an, while the hotel’s signature restaurant, Shang Palace, is an excellent spot to taste gourmet Chinese cuisine with a twist, such as beef ribs with red wine sauce and spiced roasted duck.