Answers from Our Experts (1)
Amman is replete with luxury international chain hotels that cater to clientele from all over the world. Here are Forbes Travel Guide editors’ recommendations of the five best places to stay in Amman:
1. Royal Hotel Amman. Set in a grand building with art deco lines, the Royal Hotel is a 31 story tower that offers impressive views of the entire city. Rooms are filled with sumptuous fabrics in earthy tones and are equipped with high-speed Internet access. The variety of ethnic restaurants on property, neo-classic pool, mall filled with boutiques and the world-class spa make it easy to stay amused without ever leaving the hotel.
2. Evason Ma’In Hot Springs and Six Senses Spa. Imagine a hotel that looks like an ancient king’s dramatic movie lair and you’ll have a vision of the Evason Ma’In Hot Springs. A wholly unique experience awaits at the Evason Ma’In Hot Springs, which is set on the edge of a cliff overlooking the Dead Sea. Adorned with natural materials from the surrounding landscape, rooms are serene and modern. Indulge at the world-renowned Six Senses Spa with its natural hot springs waterfall; lesser known amenities include the organic fare in the restaurant or the guided hikes led by the resident geologist.
3. Four Seasons Hotel Amman. Tucked away between the tony Al Sweifiyah neighborhodo and the bustling Shmeisani Financial District, the Four Seasons delivers everything you’d expect. The hotel offers a baby-sitting service as well as extensive and modern meeting facilities, making it equally appealing for leisure and business travellers.
4. The Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea. Set on the famous Dead Sea, a stay at the Kempinski is like living in a vast oasis. city view. Rooms are in three luxurious areas amid gardens landscaped with waterfalls, lagoons, palms and olive trees. Swim in the infinity edge pool or take to the soothing salt waters of the Dead Sea.
5. The InterContinental. One of Amman’s oldest luxury hotels, The InterContinental is a favorite of businessmen, diplomats and journalists alike. Located in the heart of Jabal Amman, this top-grade property prides itself on opulent rooms and impeccable service. Relax on the terrace overlooking the city or take a swim in the pool on a hot summer day. It’s an ideal option, especially if you have kids.