Answers from Our Experts (1)
Given it’s small size you might think otherwise, but Anguilla is chockfull of fantastic restaurants. But it’s not necessarily the fine-dining eateries that make the best food experiences. Here are Forbes Travel Guide’s picks for the five best food experiences to be had on this tiny Caribbean island:
1. Ribs on Sandy Island. Take the water taxi out to Sandy Island — it’s two miles from Sandy Ground Beach — and dig into some finger-licking-good ribs. Served fresh off the grill from the lone shack on the island, these juicy ribs are worth the trip. Once you’ve gotten your fill, you can relax on the white sand.
2. Mango’s. It’s a toes-in-the-sand kind of place with fresh seafood dominating the menu. Order up Anguillan lobster and you’ll get a real taste of the island. The food is great, but the beachfront setting is even better.
3. Madeariman Reef Bar & Restaurant. Chow down on local cuisine on the beach overlooking Shoal Bay. The open-air restaurant serves dishes like lobster pizza, allowing you to take advantage of the fresh seafood in a casual setting.
4. CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa. While you can eat at the resort’s restaurants, the best food experience is a tour of the world’s only resort hydroponic farm. See how the luxurious resort grows its own fruits and vegetables and learn about the process.
5. Smokey’s at The Cove. Head to Smokey’s for music and lunch — live music plays Friday through Wednesday. Overlooking Cove Bay, this delightful restaurant serves up plenty of lobster and plenty of rum.