Answers from Our Experts (1)
Whether you are staying on Anguilla or just visiting from a neighboring island, there are some great restaurants to try during your stay. Here’s Forbes Travel Guide’s pick of the five best places to eat in Anguilla:
1. Barrel Stay. It may be informal, but the food at Barrel Stay is equivalent to that in fine dining restaurants. On the beach at Sandy Ground, the bistro features menu items like duck confit and foie gras — you can’t help but indulge.
2. da’Vida Restaurant & Spa. A restaurant-spa combination isn’t too common and the ocean side da’Vida is the ideal place to experience it. Fill up on fresh seafood dishes like Crocus Bay tropical lobster layered top of mushroom risotto and then head to the spa to get a relaxing massage.
3. Jacala Beach Restaurant. This beachfront spot on Meads Bay churns out some of the best French food on the island. It’s one of the newer restaurants on Anguilla and it puts a focus on simple dishes — rather than overwhelming delicious ingredients with rich sauces, Jacala lets the fresh food talk for itself.
4. Blanchards. If there’s one menu on the island that foodie travelers know by heart, it’s Blanchards. This Meads Bay restaurant serves up an eclectic menu with influences from local cuisine, as well as flavors from Asia and the Mediterranean.
5. Veya. Mega VIPs, regular folk and everyone in between eats at Veya — and for good reason. The restaurant is as modern as Anguilla gets, with chic furnishings, sleek lines and a sultry glow. The menu is as enticing as the interior — think Moroccan spiced shrimp cigars and vanilla cured duck breast.