Answers from Our Experts (1)
With hotels scattered around the city and enough bed and breakfasts to house an army, Annapolis has a slew of hotel options from which to choose. Our Forbes Travel Guide editors picked the five best places to stay in Annapolis:
1. The Westin Annapolis. Opened in 2007, this modern hotel and its signature Heavenly Beds boosted the popularity of Uptown Annapolis. It’s located within the Park Place development, which has everything from residences and restaurants to salons and shops, and it’s still within walking distance from downtown.
2. O’Callaghan Annapolis Hotel. The Dublin-inspired boutique hotel comes with a healthy dose of Irish hospitality. Just a few minutes from City Dock and the rest of the attractions in historic downtown, O’Callaghan Annapolis Hotel is a comfortable retreat with imported furniture and spacious rooms.
3. The Inn at Perry Cabin. If you don’t mind a little distance between you and Old Annapolis, book at room at this gorgeous manor house, located about an hour away in St. Michaels. The rural, genteel resort is run by luxury hotel group Orient-Express and is oozing with East Coast, blue-blood charm with a spa, restaurant and Adirondack chairs lining the shore of the Miles River.
4. Marriott Annapolis Waterfront. True to its name, many of the rooms at this hotel offer waterfront views of the Chesapeake Bay and Annapolis Harbor. Guest rooms are decorated in nautical themes with sea blue hues and comfortable furnishings. The hotel is also at the hub of everything in downtown — from Main Street to the United States Naval Academy.
5. The Annapolis Inn. One of the most charming things about Annapolis is its plethora of bed and breakfasts. The Annapolis Inn is a historic landmark townhouse located within a residential area of historic Annapolis, and offers three impeccably decorated rooms. This quaint bed and breakfast is near to downtown but removed enough to feel private.