Answers from Our Experts (1)
On an island that boasts 365 beaches, there’s one for every type of traveler on charming Antigua. From untouched stretches of pristine white sand to rocky shores perfect for climbing and hiking, you’ll find one to suit your needs. Here are Forbes Travel Guide’s editors’ picks for the best beaches in Antigua.
1. Rendezvous Beach. Those who prefer privacy should head to this beach, accessible only by water, horseback or a long hike through the hills. The difficulty in reaching Rendezvous means the secluded stretch on the south coast of the island is often deserted.
2. Half Moon Bay, Dutchman’s Bay and Jabberwok Beach. If you’re in Antigua to windsurf, kite surf or just plain surf, these three beaches have long swath of sand and often see waves of three to six feet, which make them the best bet for active travelers.
3. Hawksbill Bay Beach. A very adult locale, this remote collection of four beaches offers the only nude sunbathing spot on island.
4. Dickenson Bay. This accessible white stretch of beach is perfect for travelers who just want to soak up the sun. But come nightfall, it also offers a great sunset view.
5. Great Bird Island. This rocky outcropping of sand is the perfect jumping off point for a quick hike. Travel to the top and you’ll get great views of the entire island.